- Step 1: Configure internet calendar Open your internet calendar and choose the calendar you want to have synchronized with Outlook.
- Step 2: Click Calendar Settings Click on "Calendar Settings" for the calendar you would like to synchronize.
- Step 3: Click ICAL button Click the iCal button, on the "Calendar Details" window under the "Private Address" heading to get the URL for your internet calendar, and copy the URL.
- TIP: Make sure you copy the URL without clicking on it. Otherwise, it will open the calendar in Outlook as a calendar snapshot and will not update Outlook to match the internet calendar.
- Step 4: Open Outlook Open Outlook, select Tools on the main menu bar, and scroll down to select Account Settings.
- Step 5: Select Internet Calendars tab Select the Internet Calendars tab in the Account Settings pop-up window.
- Step 6: Click New and paste URL Click on the New button and paste the URL from your internet calendar into the pop-up window. Then click Add.
- Step 7: Name your calendar Name and write a description for your calendar in the Subscription Options folder name box and then click OK.
- Step 8: View calendar View your calendar in Outlook by clicking on the calendar name in the left-hand sidebar menu. Check your engagements and get ready for that shindig you may have forgotten about.
- FACT: The modern-day calendar used in most of the world, the Gregorian calendar, was introduced by Pope Gregory XIII in 1582.
You Will Need
- Outlook compatible internet calendar
- Internet access