- Step 1: Choose guy Choose the right guy -- ideally, someone you're friendly with or have spoken to at least once.
- Step 2: Choose time Pick the right time to make your move, preferably not when he's with his buds. It's less pressure for him to accept and better for you if he declines if you get him alone.
- Step 3: Ask Casually ask him if he has a date for Sadie's. If he says "Yes, I'm going with Jane," your response should be "Jane's great! You'll have a great time," and then move on. If he says he doesn't have a date, ask him if he would like to go with you.
- TIP: Remember to smile when you ask him. You'll seem much more friendly and inviting.
- Step 4: Be gracious Arrange when and where you'll meet if he accepts. If he declines, be gracious. Calmly say, "That's fine. See you later," and move on. If he sees you're not upset at all, you may just leave him wondering if he did the right thing, leting a cool, independent, confident girl like you get away.
- Step 5: Deal with rejection Give yourself time to wallow in private if you get rejected. It hurts. Lick your wounds. Then get back on that horse and ask someone else.
- FACT: Sadie Hawkins Day was created by Al Capp in his Li'l Abner comic strip on November 15, 1937. Two years later, more than 200 colleges had begun holding Sadie Hawkins Day events.
You Will Need
- Right guy
- Right time
- Casual approach
- Time to wallow
- Alternate guy or guys
- A smile (optional)