- Step 1: Visit your doctor Visit your doctor on a regular basis. Routine check-ups will detect problems and keep you and your baby healthy.
- Step 2: Take prenatal vitamins Take prenatal vitamins. Four hundred micrograms of folic acid is recommended during pregnancy.
- Step 3: Go to MyPyramid.gov Go to MyPyramid.gov to find foods that meet your nutritional needs during pregnancy.
- Step 4: Avoid cigarettes Don't smoke cigarettes and avoid exposure to second-hand smoke.
- TIP: Smoking can cause problems with the placenta and has been linked to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, or SIDS.
- Step 5: Avoid chemicals Avoid exposure to chemicals and toxic substances, such as paint, lead, mercury, and cleaning solvents.
- Step 6: Avoid dring alcohol Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages during pregnancy.
- TIP: Drinking can cause developmental and behavior problems for a baby.
- Step 7: Wash hands Wash your hands throughout the day to prevent the spread of germs. Good luck on your amazing journey.
- FACT: Acupuncture has been used in China for centuries to regulate the female reproductive system.
You Will Need
- Prenatal vitamins
- Internet access