- Step 1: Subscribe to a magazine Subscribe to a travel magazine or online newsletter, but be careful where you get your information, especially if it's posted on the internet.
- Step 2: Read books Read books written by seasoned travelers. Look through the travel section of your library or local bookstore and jot down tips and tricks to avoid purchasing entire books.
- Step 3: Befriend a frequent flyer Befriend a frequent flyer and pick their brain over coffee or a beer, or contact a friend who travels often.
- TIP: Strike up a conversation with the locals to pick the best places to visit or eat and avoid the tourist traps.
- Step 4: Read travel blogs Read online travel blogs by ordinary people who have visited places you're planning to go, and learn from their mistakes or happy successes.
- Step 5: Use a travel agent Use a travel agent and ask them for any tips or tricks they recommend – often they are happy to spill the beans on inside information.
- FACT: Commercial space travel is currently being planned for as early as 2012 for a paltry $200,000 per round trip.
You Will Need
- Travel magazine subscription
- Internet access
- Pen and paper
- Book store
- Travel agent