- Step 1: Eat well Eat well in the morning to raise your supply of sugar, carbohydrates, and proteins, which sharpen focus and energy during the day. Make sure it’s healthy stuff.
- TIP: Studies show that colorings, sweeteners, and preservatives compromise attention and concentration.
- Step 2: Meditate regularly Meditate regularly to improve attention. Studies indicate that meditation improves the ability to retain and respond to stimuli.
- Step 3: Read a lot Read daily. Shut out noise and commotion and get interested in subjects that excite you. Keep to a weekly diet of reading.
- Step 4: Do yoga Do slow movement exercise, like yoga, to help focus and direct energy.
- Step 5: Double your attention Double your attention span by self-hypnosis: Act as if you are capable and confident and your brain will prepare itself to record information.
- Step 6: Reduce internet use Cut down on your internet use. The repetitive and rapid-fire changing of subjects and stimuli conditions the brain to shorten the attention span.
- Step 7: Program your unconcious Program your unconscious by repeating a mantra such as "I am making my attention span better every day" several times a day and before bed. Memorize it; believe it.
- FACT: The average attention span is 15 to 20 minutes.
You Will Need
- Healthy breakfast
- Reading material