- : Always consult a physician before attempting to do any exercise or exercise plan.
- Step 1: Warm up Warm up before you begin your total body workout by bringing your heart rate up slowly and stretching your arm and leg muscles.
- TIP: Allot at least 60 minutes for your total body workout.
- Step 2: Do plank Get in the plank position. It's a modified pushup position, with your hands even with your shoulders and your arms supporting your body weight. Your body should form a straight line. Hold this position for 60 seconds.
- TIP: Using your own body weight as resistance eliminates the need for dumbbells.
- Step 3: Add to the plank While in the plank position, raise your right arm and left leg. Hold them for two seconds and then return to the start position. Repeat with the opposite arm and foot and continue alternating for 60 more seconds.
- Step 4: Lunge Stand and lunge back with your left leg, lowering your body until your right knee is bent 90 degrees. Push back up and repeat with your right leg – do 10 on each side.
- Step 5: Do side plank Do the side plank by lying on your left side with your legs straight. Prop yourself up with your left forearm so your body forms a diagonal line and put your right hand on your right hip. Raise your hips and hold for 30 seconds, and then repeat the on the right.
- Step 6: Squat Do squats by keeping your legs hip-width apart and bending your knees, squatting into an almost seated position. Do 10 of these.
- Step 7: Push up Balance your weight on your toes and palms with your hands a little wider than shoulder width apart. Bend your elbows and lower yourself as far as possible toward the floor and then push back to start. Do eight of these.
- Step 8: Repeat Repeat the entire sequence of exercises as many times as you can in one hour. In no time, your entire body will feel stronger.
- FACT: Jumping rope burns an average of 11 calories per minute.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothes