- : Be sure you are only using this to download materials that you know are not subject to copyright.
- Step 1: Download software Download Limewire for free at limewire.com. Click on Get Basic for the free version and select your operating system. Then click on the Limewire executable file (.exe file extension) to run the installation.
- Step 2: Connect Open the Limewire program and select Connect from the file menu.
- Step 3: Search for downloads Use the search boxes on the left side of the screen to locate files – such as songs or video clips – by keyword.
- Step 4: Click on the file Click on files you want to download. You can download multiple files at once.
- TIP: Search again for a different version of the file if you receive messages such as "unable to download" or "stalled" in the download progress box at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 5: Locate the file Right-click on the downloaded file and select Locate on Disk to view the destination folder. Change the destination folder by selecting the Tools menu, Options, and then Save. Happy listening!
- FACT: In 2007, a Seattle man used peer-to-peer file-sharing software to hack into others' personal computers.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Limewire software