- : Always consult a physician before attempting any exercise plan.
- Step 1: Strengthen and tone Strengthen and tone your muscles by learning about and using proper form and technique.
- TIP: Ask trainers at your gym for pointers about your form and technique.
- Step 2: Join Pilates or yoga Join a Pilates or yoga class to learn how to breathe properly and perform slow, controlled movements.
- Step 3: Perform the floor bridge Perform the floor bridge by lying on your back with your legs bent and your feet flat on the floor. Raise your hips as high as you can, resting your upper back and shoulders flat on the floor, and hold for 5 seconds. Then lower your hips without touching the floor and repeat.
- TIP: Do not arch your back during the exercise.
- Step 4: Perform the plank Perform the plank by lying flat on your stomach. Place your elbows and forearms on the floor, keeping your elbows aligned with your shoulders, and then lift your hips until your body is parallel to the floor. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds and repeat.
- TIP: Concentrate on tightening your core muscles.
- Step 5: Exercise 4-6 days Exercise your core muscles 4 to 6 days a week to see results. Enjoy your workout.
- FACT: The 29 core muscles are located in the abdomen, hips, back, and pelvic area.
You Will Need
- Proper form and technique
- Pilates classes
- Yoga classes
- Gym membership (optional)