- Step 1: Achieve a goal Start planning early and consider working toward a goal she'd be proud of, like raising your grades. You're the perfect child already? Then complete a chore your mom hates – or one she's been after you to do.
- Step 2: Write her a letter Write her a letter. Don't just say how much you love her; thank her for specific things she does for you – especially stuff she probably thinks you don't even notice.
- Step 3: Anoint her Queen for a Day Anoint her Queen for a Day. Whatever she says goes – no questions asked, and with a smile on your face.
- TIP: Turn off your phone so she has your undivided attention.
- Step 4: Make her a coupon book Make her a coupon book of favors she can redeem anytime. Include a "wild card" that she can fill in herself.
- Step 5: Create a "favorite things" basket Buy a big basket and fill it with her favorite things, plus a few favorites of your own that you're sure she'll love.
- Step 6: Spend the day If you do nothing else at all, spend the day with her. For most moms, time with you is the thing she wants most of all.
- FACT: More phone calls are made on Mother's Day than any other day of the year.
You Will Need
- Extravagant gesture
- Coupon book
- "Favorite things" basket
- Your company