- Step 1: Soak Soak the ring for 20 minutes in a mixture of 1 cup warm water and ¼ cup ammonia.
- TIP: Wear rubber gloves to protect your hands.
- Step 2: Rinse Rinse the ring in a solution of warm water with a splash of dishwashing liquid.
- Step 3: Scrub gently Gently scrub around the diamond and the ring with a toothbrush. Use the bristles of the toothbrush to clean hard-to-get-to areas around the diamond. Use toothpaste to scrub the diamond.
- Step 4: Rinse Rinse the ring thoroughly with warm water.
- Step 5: Dry Set the ring on a lint-free towel and let it dry.
- Step 6: Show off Show off your sparkling clean diamond.
- FACT: Approximately 65 percent of all diamonds come from African countries.
You Will Need
- 1/4 c. ammonia
- Dishwashing liquid
- Lint-free towel
- Rubber gloves (optional)