- Step 1: Use enzyme Mix water with an enzyme powder or liquid found from your local hardware store and pour the mixture down your sink drain. Follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Step 2: Mix solution Mix a solution of ½ cup baking soda and ½ cup white vinegar. Pour the solution down the drain and let it sit for a few minutes. Then flush the drain with warm water.
- Step 3: Mix salt solution Mix a solution of equal parts hot water and salt and pour it down the drain to help dissolve grease and unwelcome smells. Do not use this solution in blackwater systems.
- Step 4: Mix solution Mix one part hydrogen peroxide with two parts baking soda and pour it down the drain.
- Step 5: Mix salt, baking soda, and vinegar solution Mix a solution of 1 cup salt, 1 cup baking soda, and ½ cup white vinegar. Pour the solution down the drain and let it sit for approximately 10 minutes. Then flush the drain with hot water.
- FACT: In 2005, four men tried to blow up targets in London with bombs made from a mix of bleach, drain cleaner, acetone, hydrogen peroxide and mineral acid.
You Will Need
- Enzyme powder or liquid
- 1/2 c. baking soda
- 1/2 c. white vinegar
- Hydrogen peroxide