- Step 1: Wet the boot Carefully wet the entire boot with a wet sponge or cloth. Do not immerse the boot in water.
- TIP: When cleaning your boots, clean both at the same time. Cleaning them will change their appearance and you will want them to match.
- Step 2: Scrub Carefully scrub the boot with a mild detergent and a sponge or clean cloth.
- Step 3: Stuff with paper Stuff the boot with old newspaper. This will help the boots maintain their shape.
- Step 4: Place in a closet Place the boots in a closet until they're completely dry -- about 12 to 16 hours.
- TIP: Direct sunlight and heat may shrink the boots.
- Step 5: Brush the boot Brush the boot with a suede brush to raise the nap and restore its original texture.
- Step 6: Protect the boot Spray the boot with water-based weather protector to help keep it looking brand new.
- FACT: Oprah Winfrey bought 350 pairs of UGG boots in 2000 -- one pair for every member of her staff.
You Will Need
- Sponges or clean cloths
- Mild soap
- Old newspaper
- Suede brush
- Spray-on weather protector