- Step 1: Build a portfolio Work to build a portfolio displaying your greatest work and achievements to help build your confidence.
- TIP: Build your portfolio by volunteering for special projects or to teach a class for other employees.
- Step 2: Build relationships Build relationships with colleagues. Meet people in other departments and learn to communicate with people who have challenging personalities.
- Step 3: Organize Interrupt a boring workday by having a weekly breakfast, scheduling a daily or weekly walk, or organizing a game of touch football during lunch.
- Step 4: Daydream Daydream about the next vacation your boring work will pay for. Daydreaming gives us hope and helps us cope with the dull parts of life.
- Step 5: Listen to music Listen to music while you work. It lifts your spirits and energy level to get you through the day.
- Step 6: Experiment Experiment with new ways to complete a task. Try figuring out a better, more efficient way to accomplish the task at hand.
- Step 7: Set goals Make challenging work-related goals for yourself.
- FACT: Researchers using brain scanning technology found a significant correlation between robust daydreaming and superior intelligence.
You Will Need
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills