- Step 1: Lay out newspaper Spread newspaper on the floor or surface that you will be dyeing the shoes on.
- Step 2: Fill shoes with tissue Fill the shoes with crumpled white tissue paper so that they retain their shape while dyeing.
- Step 3: Prepare dye Prepare the dye according to package directions.
- Step 4: Put on gloves and apply Put on latex gloves and apply the dye to the shoes.
- TIP: Shoe dye is water soluble. Getting shoes wet after dyeing them will cause the dye to run, so keep them dry and inside if possible.
- Step 5: Allow to dry Allow the shoes to dry thoroughly in an area away from direct sunlight before wearing them out for a night dancing and fun.
- FACT: Egyptian butchers wore heels to raise their feet above the carnage.
You Will Need
- White tissue paper
- Shoes made of white
- dyeable fabric
- Shoe dye
- Latex gloves