- Step 1: Set up coins Place both coins next to each other in front of you, face up on a table. The bottom of the half dollar is hollow and magnetized and will fit over the smaller centavo, whose reverse side looks like the back of the half dollar.
- Step 2: Cover the centavo Explain that you will make the centavo disappear. Place the half dollar on top of the centavo, partially covering it.
- Step 3: Wave your hands Wave your hands over the coins, discreetly pushing the half dollar onto the top of the centavo with your palm. The centavo will snap into the half dollar.
- TIP: You can also place the coins in your hand to perform the disappearance.
- Step 4: Reveal Lift your hands to reveal that the centavo has disappeared. The coin will look real and can be inspected by the audience.
- Step 5: Vanish the coin in your hand when you perform the trick again while palming a quarter. When you open your hand, the centavo has been turned into a quarter.
- FACT: Scotch originally comes from a Gaelic word meaning "Water of Life."
You Will Need
- Trick half dollar coin
- Trick Mexican centavo coin