- Step 1: Begin patter Tell your audience to watch as you take a bite out of a quarter with your unusually strong teeth.
- Step 2: Position quarter Hold the trick quarter between two fingers and the thumb of your right hand, palm facing toward you.
- TIP: Palm the trick quarter, borrow a quarter from a spectator, and switch them to make it look more legitimate.
- Step 3: Take a bite Lift the trick quarter to your mouth, bending the folding top down with your lower lip or tongue while putting it in your mouth and pretending to bite down on it. Hold the flap in place with your thumb.
- Step 4: Show the bite Take it out of your mouth to reveal that the top part of the coin is missing, leaving a bite mark.
- Step 5: Blow to reappear Blow on the coin while releasing your thumb to make the missing piece magically reappear.
- FACT: The United States Mint produced special Bicentennial quarters in 1975 and 1976.
You Will Need
- Trick folding quarter
- Borrowed quarter (optional)