- Step 1: Lay out cards Stack the three blue cards in one pile and the three red cards in another pile, facedown in front of you.
- Step 2: Position trick cards Position the trick queens so that they are the second from the top, faceup. The red queen has a trick blue back, a diamond in one corner, and a heart in the opposite corner. The black queen has a red back and opposing symbols. There are now four cards in each pile.
- TIP: Remember which suits are at the top of the deck and which are at the bottom, which will be crucial later in the trick.
- Step 3: Pick a deck Ask the first spectator to pick a deck, either red or blue. The second spectator gets the other deck.
- Step 4: Pick a queen Explain that their pile is made up of all four queens from the deck. Have the first spectator name a queen of any suit they like.
- Step 5: Pick an opposite suit queen Explain to the other person that they must pick a queen of a different color, and that you will magically switch their decks.
- Step 6: Rub deck Rub the top of the first deck with your fingers and spread the cards out to reveal the corner of the queen that the first spectator chose. If they chose a suit at the bottom of the deck, turn the deck around so the correct suit will show when you fan the cards.
- Step 7: Repeat Repeat the procedure for the spectator with the other deck. Then explain that they're lucky they chose those queens, because the rest of the cards were just jokers, and then turn them up to reveal the jokers.
- FACT: The joker was invented to serve as the extra card in the card game euchre.
You Will Need
- 3 blue-backed joker playing cards
- 3 red-backed joker playing cards
- Twisted sisters gimmick queen card set
- 2 spectators