- : While this video is awesome, it didn't go to medical school. Always consult your doctor for actual medical advice.
- Step 1: Rest up Go ahead, hit that snooze button. And again. Getting plenty of sleep boosts your immune system, reduces your risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes, and helps keep your weight down.
- Step 2: Schedule errands early Unavoidable errands or chores? Do them early. Raising your metabolic rate now means it will remain elevated even when you're at rest. And here's a crazy thought: since exercise actually increases your energy level, you might be more likely to keep moving.
- TIP: There's no avoiding brushing your teeth twice a day – do squats or lunges to while away those minutes … and those thunder thighs.
- Step 3: Walk backward You may look like a fool doing it, but if you walk backward part of your day, you'll burn up to 119 percent more calories than walking forward the same distance. Who's laughing now?
- Step 4: Have a healthy appetizer Do you turn into a human vacuum at mealtimes? No need to starve yourself! Just munch an apple, eat a salad, or have a bowl of low-calorie soup before the main course. You'll feel fuller, so you're likely to eat fewer overall calories.
- TIP: Snack throughout the day. It revs your metabolism and makes you less likely to overeat when you sit down to a full meal.
- Step 5: Socialize Hang out with friends. Making social connections helps maintain the brain's serotonin levels, enhancing your mood and possibly even staving off depression. And who else is going to force your lazy self to visit the doctor now and then?
- TIP: No friends? Make some online so you don't have to leave your house and expose your skin to the sun's damaging rays.
- Step 6: Laugh Now get back on that couch. But turn on a comedy instead of drama, and you'll burn up to 20 percent more calories while watching TV. Seriously. No ambition necessary.
- FACT: Eating spicy foods can help you lose weight: adding a tablespoon of chopped chili pepper to your meal temporarily boosts your metabolism by as much as 23 percent.
You Will Need
- Comfy bed
- Sense of humor
- Dental hygiene (optional)
- Snack foods (optional)