- Step 1: Slide hold switch When listening to music, slide the hold switch to On. This disables power to your iPod’s controls, saving battery life.
- Step 2: Disable equalizer Disable the equalizer. Go to 'Settings,' then 'EQ,' and choose 'Off.' The equalizer optimizes sound quality, but it also drains your battery.
- Step 3: Turn off backlight Turn off the backlight. Go to 'Menu,' 'Settings,' 'Backlight Time,' and select 'Off.'
- Step 4: Create playlists Create playlists in iTunes and listen to them on your iPod. That way you won’t waste precious battery power manually selecting the songs you like.
- TIP: You can create a playlist on the fly right on your iPod. Choose a song title and hold down the center button until the title flashes—it’s just been added to your On-The-Go playlist.
- Step 5: Put iPod to sleep Put your iPod to sleep when you’re not using it. Just hold the 'Play' button until the screen turns off.
- FACT: The idea for the battery grew out of Count Luigi Galvani’s experiments on frog legs in the late 1700s.
You Will Need