- : Consult a doctor before embarking on any diet. People should not consume less than 1,200 calories per day without medical supervision.
- Step 1: Do the math Know the mathematics of losing weight: You must cut 3,500 calories from your food intake to drop one pound of fat. To do that, you have to eat fewer calories than you burn each day.
- TIP: For fastest results, go on a diet and exercise; you'll be restricting calories as well as burning them.
- Step 2: Limit your foods Limit your variety of foods. Some studies have indicated that more choices mean more calories consumed.
- Step 3: Try fruit and milk Try the milk and fruit diet: Have a cup of full-fat milk for breakfast; any kind or amount of fruit for lunch; one or two cups of milk for dinner; and unlimited fruits in between. The exception is bananas, which are high in sugar and starch.
- Step 4: Eat alot of eggs Like eggs? Try this for three days: Two eggs and a piece of fruit for breakfast; two egg whites and 4 ounces of boiled chicken, fish, or meat for lunch; and unlimited steamed vegetables for dinner.
- Step 5: Go on a liquid diet Go on a liquid diet: Eat nothing but homemade soups and juices made from whole, pureed fruits and vegetables for up to one week. Avoid commercial fruit juices and soups; they contain too much sugar and salt, respectively, to promote fast weight loss.
- Step 6: Don't get discouraged Don't beat yourself up if you can't stick to a crash diet. For most people, slow and steady is a better plan.
- FACT: According to a Tufts University nutrition and psychiatry professor, people who are easily tempted by food can often better stick to a diet that cuts their daily calories by 30 percent than just 10 percent.
You Will Need
- Restricted diet