- Step 1: Fold top right corner, bottom right corner, unfold Fold the top right corner down to the bottom left corner to form a triangle. Then fold the bottom right corner to meet the top left corner to make a smaller triangle. Unfold everything to reveal an X created by the creases.
- Step 2: Create eight equal sections in creases; fold opposite way Fold the bottom edge up to the top, creating a rectangle. Then fold the left edge over to the right to form a square. Unfold everything once again and you'll see eight equal sections in the creases. Flip the paper over and refold everything so all the folds crease both ways.
- Step 3: Create two stacked diamonds Unfold everything and lay the paper flat. Bring the lower left corner to the upper right to form a triangle. Then fold the lower left corner of the long edge of the triangle under, so that's it's even with the top corner of the triangle, and crease it firmly. Repeat with the lower right corner. The shape will resemble two diamonds stacked upon one another.
- Step 4: Create two points on top; fold Make the sure the diamond sitting on top is the one with a crease running down its length. Then fold the top third of the top layer of the top point down, flip it over, and repeat. The top will now have two points. Fold each point downward to meet the edge of the previous fold.
- Step 5: Form rounded tops and sides of heart Fold the very tips of the top points downward to form the rounded tops of the heart. Fold the tips of the two side points inward to form the rounded sides of the heart.
- TIP: Glue these last four folds down to make the heart sturdier.
- Step 6: Insert money or treat Flip the heart over and insert money, a thin piece of candy, or a ring for your loved one into the pocket.
- FACT: An adult man's heart is actually bigger than a woman's, weighing in at about 10 ounces. An adult woman's heart weighs about 8 ounces.
You Will Need
- Square sheet of paper
- Dollar bill
- thin candy
- or ring
- Craft glue (optional)