- Step 1: Extend trust Signal that you are trusting by unilaterally extending your trust to the other person.
- TIP: Handshakes and other forms of social touching promote trust.
- Step 2: Make the other person happy Try to make the other person happy. Happiness fosters trust and this fosters more happiness.
- Step 3: Engage in face-to-face meetings Engage in face-to-face interactions whenever possible.
- Step 4: Participate in social bonding Participate in activities that promote social bonding.
- FACT: Some neuroscientists believe that the ability to trust in humans has a biochemical basis.
You Will Need
- Unilateral trust
- Face-to-face interactions
- Social bonding activities