- Step 1: Sprinkle salt Sprinkle salt where ants are entering your home from outside to discourage them from intruding.
- Step 2: Draw Draw a chalk line around the yard and areas where ants are entering your home. The calcium carbonate in the chalk helps repel ants.
- TIP: Sprinkle powdered chalk around garden plants in your yard to keep the ants away.
- Step 3: Squirt lemon juice Keep ants outdoors by squirting lemon juice around windowsills, doorways, cracks, and holes. Ants dislike the lemon smell.
- Step 4: Use cayenne pepper Sprinkle cayenne pepper around countertops and baseboards to keep the ants away. Pour cayenne pepper down ant holes for a quick eviction.
- Step 5: Spray vinegar Spray a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar around picnic areas, your child's play area, around windows, and by the foundation of your home to get ants marching to a new location.
- Step 6: Repel with oranges Relocate ants by pouring a puree of orange peels and warm water along your home's foundation or into ant holes.
- Step 7: Use petroleum jelly Smear petroleum jelly around your pet's food bowl to discourage ants from crossing the gooey moat.
- FACT: Male ants usually die soon after mating with the queen.
You Will Need
- Spray bottle
- Lemon juice
- Cayenne pepper
- White vinegar
- Petroleum jelly