- Step 1: Dry ear Dry your ear with a towel or tissue.
- TIP: Do not use a cotton swab to dry your ear.
- Step 2: Tilt your head Tilt your head to the side with the plugged ear.
- Step 3: Pull lobe Pull your ear lobe downward to allow the water to drain out.
- Step 4: Use a blow dryer Hold a blow-dryer a few inches from your plugged ear. Put it on the lowest setting and turn it on, but be careful to not burn your skin.
- Step 5: Mix a solution Mix a solution of equal parts white vinegar and rubbing alcohol in a medicine dropper and drip a few drops into the ear.
- Step 6: Consult a doctor Consult and seek treatment from a doctor if the problem persists.
- FACT: Ear infections are among the most common illnesses for young children.
You Will Need
- Towel or tissue
- White vinegar
- Rubbing alcohol
- Medicine dropper