- Step 1: Remove labels Remove the label from the bottle.
- Step 2: Remove cap center Drill several holes in the top of the screw-on bottle cap and remove the center of the cap.
- Step 3: Attach cap to cup Glue the bottle cap upside-down on the inside bottom of the plastic cup. Apply the glue as four bridges between the sides of the bottle cap and the cup, making sure the bottle cap rests slightly below the rim of the plastic cup.
- TIP: The plastic cup should be slightly larger and deeper than the bottle cap.
- Step 4: Attach eyehook Drill a hole in the base of the bottle and attach an eye hook for hanging.
- Step 5: Attach red flowers Glue the red plastic flowers to the edge of the cup, leaving room for the hummingbird's beak.
- Step 6: Make nectar Prepare hummingbird nectar by combining 1 cup sugar with 4 cups water and add it to the bottle.
- Step 7: Attach bottle Screw the bottle onto the bottlecap and hang your new hummingbird feeder.
- FACT: Hummingbirds are only found in the Western Hemisphere.
You Will Need
- 1-liter plastic soda bottle
- Screw-on metal top
- Drill and drill bits
- Plastic cup
- Hot glue gun and glue stick
- Eye hook
- Red plastic flowers
- Hummingbird nectar