- Step 1: Check for recalls Check for recalls at cpsc.gov. Look for a JMPA logo on the playpen to ensure the proper safety standards are up to date.
- Step 2: Protect your baby from injury Protect your baby from injury with padding on the top and corner rails.
- TIP: Hinges and supports should also be protected.
- Step 3: Make sure the playpen is sturdy Make sure the playpen is sturdy and will not tip over if the child leans on it.
- Step 4: Choose a play pen with safe mesh Choose a playpen with mesh sides that have holes no bigger than 1/4 inch.
- TIP: Frequently check the mesh sides for rips and tears.
- Step 5: Buy a playpen that folds up Buy a playpen that folds up and fits in a carrying case for easy transport.
- Step 6: Send in the manufacturer's registration card Send in the manufacturer's registration card to receive recall notices.
- FACT: In the U.S., more than 2.5 million playpens, portable cribs, and play yards are sold annually.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- JMPA logo
- Padding on the top and corner rails
- Sturdy construction
- Safe mesh
- Registration card