- Step 1: Turn off computer and open case Turn off the computer and unplug the power cord and any peripherals. Then use the Phillips-head screwdriver to open the housing.
- Step 2: Look at orientation Look for a slot that is close to or faces an opening or removable slats where the graphics card will be inserted and face out through the housing for input access.
- TIP: There may be slats or covers that can be easily removed using a small, flat-head screwdriver.
- Step 3: Check for a lock Check for a plastic locking mechanism on one end of the slot that snaps closed when the card is inserted.
- Step 4: Go online Go online and search for photos of AGP slots if you are still unsure where yours is located.
- FACT: Worldwide, video games grossed a record $11.7 billion in 2008.
You Will Need
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- Internet access
- Flat-head screwdriver (optional)