- Step 1: Click on Start button Click on the Start or Windows button and then click on My Computer. Mac users click on Menu and then Utilities and select Disk Utilities.
- Step 2: Insert SD card Insert the SD card into your computer's card slot, or use a USB card reader.
- Step 3: Right-click on Format Right-click on the SD card icon and select Format from the drop-down menu. Mac users click on the card icon and then the Erase tab.
- Step 4: Select settings Select the format type, file size allocation, and name the card. Then hit Start or OK.
- TIP: The computer will warn you that formatting will erase all the data on the card. Click Okay to continue.
- Step 5: Wait Wait for the card to finish formatting before safely removing it from your computer or card reader.
- FACT: The first SD or Secure Digital cards were marketed in 1999 as a way to safely and easily transfer media from digital devices.
You Will Need
- SD card
- Basic computer knowledge
- USB card reader