- Step 1: Get connected Make sure both of the computers are connected to the same network through your router.
- Step 2: Share a PC folder Set a folder to be shared on the PC by right-clicking on it, and then selecting Properties. Then click the Sharing tab, check next to Share this Folder to turn on sharing, and enter a name for the shared folder. Then click Apply.
- Step 3: Connect to server Go to Finder on the Mac, click Go, and select Connect to Server. At the prompt, type "smb://" and the name of your PC, and then click Connect.
- Step 4: Connect to folder Enter your PC user name and password when the File System Authentication window comes up. Then select the folder to connect to and click OK.
- TIP: Automatically connect to your PC when you login to the Mac by going to Accounts under System Preferences, clicking the Login Items tab, and adding the folder to the list of applications that automatically start upon login.
- Step 5: Check windows sharing Go to System Preferences on the Mac, click the Sharing panel, and under the Services tab, check next to Windows Sharing.
- Step 6: Enable accounts Click Enable Accounts and select a user.
- Step 7: Connect to Mac folders Go to the Start menu on the PC, click Run, and type "\" followed by the name of the Mac, and then click OK. A folder will open with access to your Mac-shared folders.
- FACT: According to the International Data Corporation, there were a total of 221.9 million PC shipments internationally in 2008.
You Will Need