- Step 1: Fold the ribbon Fold the ribbon into a figure 8, three times. Trim the excess ribbon with scissors, and repeat to make a second bow.
- TIP: Apply liquid fray check, available in craft stores, to the ends of your ribbon to avoid fraying edges.
- Step 2: Sew the bows Use your needle and thread to tightly sew the two bows together.
- TIP: Create a monochromatic bow with matching ribbon or use a different color for the second bow for a complementary effect.
- Step 3: Add a decorative accent Affix a decorative accent piece to the center of the bow, securing it with hot glue.
- Step 4: Affix to the clip Spread a layer of hot glue onto the alligator clip. Place the bow onto the clip and hold them tightly together until the glue hardens.
- Step 5: Fashion a hair band Make another hair bow by applying a layer of glue onto a small area just off center on the headband. Securely affix a bow to the headband. Now go and rock your girly look.
- FACT: Hello Kitty first appeared with her iconic bow on a Japanese coin purse in 1974.
You Will Need
- 2 15" lengths of 7/8" grosgrain ribbon
- Needle and thread
- Decorative accent
- Hot glue gun
- Alligator clip
- Hair band
- Liquid fray check (optional)