- : Wash you hands thoroughly before beginning and use sanitized equipment when making sausage.
- Step 1: Place the meat in the freezer Place the meat in your freezer for two hours.
- TIP: Place your bowls and meat grinder in the freezer for an hour before using them.
- Step 2: Cut the meat Slice the meat into 1-inch chunks, and then place it in a bowl. Set that bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice.
- Step 3: Grind the meat Remove the grinder from the freezer and push the meat though it, working quickly.
- Step 4: Combine the other ingredients Combine the ground meat with the rest of the ingredients, and then mix and knead well.
- Step 5: Form sausage patties Form sausage patties. Refrigerate them for up to a week or freeze them until needed.
- Step 6: Cook the sausage Bake, fry, grill, or broil the sausage until it is cooked through.
- FACT: There are over 250 varieties of sausage sold around the world.
You Will Need
- 5 lbs. meat containing 20% fat
- 2 tsb. table salt
- 1 tsp. mace
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 c. nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 c. water
- Meat grinder