- Step 1: Chill the cream, whisk, and place in bowl Place the heavy cream in the back of your refrigerator prior to using to be sure that it is well chilled. Place the whisk and bowl in your freezer for 15 minutes.
- Step 2: Beat cream until soft peaks form Remove the whisk and bowl from the freezer and the cream from the fridge. Pour the cream into the bowl, and beat it with the whisk until soft peaks start to form.
- TIP: Use an electric mixer instead of a whisk, but don't overbeat the cream or it will turn buttery.
- Step 3: Add sugar Use a fine mesh sieve to sprinkle the sugar over the top of the cream.
- TIP: Make flavored whipped cream by adding 1 tablespoon of your favorite extract along with the sugar.
- Step 4: Beat until soft peaks reappear Use the whisk to beat the mixture until soft peaks reappear.
- Step 5: Serve immediately or refrigerate for 2 hours Serve immediately over your favorite dessert or warm drink. Or cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the whipped cream for up to 2 hours.
- FACT: In 2009, 271 people joined together in New York City to set a world record for the largest custard pie fight, tossing over 1,500 pies.
You Will Need
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Fine mesh sieve
- Plastic wrap
- Electric mixer (optional)
- 1 tbsp. flavored extract (optional)