- Step 1: Support them Support your significant other in their choice to quit smoking. Quit together if you smoke.
- Step 2: Clean the house Clean the house and get rid of any smoking-related materials.
- Step 3: Talk with a doctor Talk to a doctor about products that have been successful in helping smokers quit.
- Step 4: Talk to your partner Talk to your significant other about the benefits of quitting smoking. Focus on good health, your family, and the money that will be saved.
- Step 5: Avoid temptations Avoid places or activities that they associate with smoking.
- TIP: It usually takes more than one attempt to quit smoking. If they slip up, help them refocus on their goal.
- Step 6: Start working out Join a gym and start working out together.
- Step 7: Give incentives Offer them an incentive to quit smoking. Use the money you save to enjoy a vacation or a smoke-free night on the town.
- FACT: Smokers die approximately 13 to 14 years earlier than nonsmokers do.
You Will Need
- Anti-smoking products