- : If you are using hot wax, be careful to heat it according to the directions. It is easy to overheat the wax and cause burns and blistering.
- Step 1: Exfoliate the shower Use exfoliating gloves or a loofah while you shower to exfoliate the area you will be waxing.
- Step 2: Towel off and swab with alcohol Dry the area you will be waxing and swab the area with rubbing alcohol to remove bacteria and skin oils.
- Step 3: Dust with powder Dust the area with talcum or baby powder to absorb any remaining moisture.
- Step 4: Prepare and apply wax Prepare and apply the wax or wax strips as directed by the package instructions.
- TIP: Weigh your options carefully. Cold wax strips are less effective, but hot wax is messier.
- Step 5: Hold skin taut and pull Hold the skin taut and rip away the wax or strip at a 40-degree angle as quickly as possible. Remove it in the direction of hair growth.
- TIP: Removing the wax or strip slowly or at a different angle will be painful.
- Step 6: Continue removal Continue to remove the hair until you have reached the desired effect.
- TIP: Redness is common after waxing. Wax at least 24 hours before you show your new smooth skin.
- Step 7: Treat with aloe vera Treat the area with aloe vera lotion to soothe irritation and remove redness.
- FACT: Ancient Egyptian priests were required to shave their entire bodies, including their eyebrows, to keep away lice and promote cleanliness for conducting rituals.
You Will Need
- Exfoliating gloves
- Rubbing alcohol
- Talcum powder or baby powder
- Hot wax or pre-waxed strips
- Aloe vera lotion