- Step 1: Bend your knees Put on some skinny jeans and bend your knees slightly with one foot a little bit ahead of the other.
- Step 2: Move your knees back and forth Start moving your knees in toward each other and back, opening and closing your legs at the knees.
- Step 3: Add arm movement Hold your arms bent with your hands level with your chest. Swing your arms to the sides as you twist your body at the torso from side to side.
- TIP: Shift your weight from your heels to your toes and twist your body.
- Step 4: Extend your arms Extend your arms away from your body in various directions as you continue to twist, still moving your knees in and out.
- Step 5: Add vertical movement Continue moving your knees in and out with your knees bent. Bounce up and down to the beat with your knees bent.
- FACT: The jerk got its start among urban youth in Los Angeles around 2007 and rapidly gained popularity elsewhere after it was seen on internet videos.
You Will Need
- Skinny jeans