- Step 1: Write down goals Write down goals that you want to achieve. Keep the list in a place where you can read it every day and recite your goals out loud every morning.
- Step 2: Set a date Set a date to accomplish your goals.
- Step 3: Look at pros and cons Review the consequences of not meeting your goals and focus on the benefits.
- Step 4: Start moving Take definite, measurable steps to achieve your goal.
- TIP: If you slip up, get back on track until you achieve your desired success.
- Step 5: Get support Ask a friend or relative to keep you accountable for reaching your goals and to support you along the way.
- Step 6: Get a partner Invite a friend or relative to join you through your journey. Find someone who shares your interests and goals. Motivate each other to attain your goals.
- Step 7: Reward yourself Reward yourself for reaching your goals. You will be more motivated to accomplish your tasks with a tempting incentive.
- FACT: A study finding that personally congratulating associates who do a good job was the most motivating technique used by managers also found that fewer than 50 percent of the managers in the study used it.
You Will Need
- List of goals
- End date
- Support network