- : Yoga postures should be learned from a qualified instructor.
- Step 1: Warm up Warm up with two or more sequences of the Sun Salutation, a series of 12 poses which boosts vitality in the pelvic region and promotes physical and mental balance.
- Step 2: Stimulate blood flow Stimulate blood flow to your pelvic area with backbend postures such as Bow Pose and Modified Bridge. Both aid reproductive functions and reduce cravings.
- TIP: Practice yoga with a calm spirit and gentle approach to reap the most benefits.
- Step 3: Alleviate bloating Alleviate bloating symptoms with the Modified Wide Angle and Supported Plow poses. These poses reduce bothersome swelling by improving circulation.
- Step 4: Relieve anxiety Relieve anxiety, which often accompanies PMS, with Child's Pose. It massages pelvic organs, relieves back pain, and calms using slow breathing techniques.
- Step 5: Release tensions Release tensions completely in Savasana. Allow your exhales to soothe cramps and gently relieve PMS discomfort while renewing your body, mind, and spirit.
- FACT: Low levels of Vitamin D and calcium in women are linked to PMS symptoms.
You Will Need
- Loose-fitting clothes
- Familiarity with yoga poses
- Quiet area to practice