- Step 1: Set a time Determine what time you want to wake up and eat breakfast in the new time zone.
- Step 2: Fast Avoid eating anything for the 12 to 16 hours before you want to wake up.
- Step 3: Eat Eat a healthy and nutritional meal with high caloric value after your 16 hour fast. This overrides your normal sleep cycle and resets it.
- TIP: You can use this method if you are changing shifts at work.
- Step 4: Be consistent Keep a consistent eating and sleeping pattern until you need to switch it again.
- FACT: In 1965, Randy Gardner set a world record for going 264 hours, or 11 days, without sleep.
You Will Need
- Twelve to 16-hour fast
- Healthy meal
- Eating and sleeping pattern