- Step 1: Choose yarn Choose a yarn color for your hat that will show your individual style.
- Step 2: Chain 55 Leave a long tail and chain 55. The total finished circumference of the hat will be about 18 inches.
- TIP: Revisit basic crochet techniques before you start.
- Step 3: Do first row Single crochet in the second chain from the hook and each chain across for 54 stitches for the first row.
- Step 4: Do second row Chain one, turn, and then single crochet in each stitch across for the second row.
- Step 5: Repeat Repeat row two until your hat measures about 9 inches from the beginning. Fasten off leaving a long tail.
- Step 6: Finish Thread the tail into the needle, and then sew in and out along the last row. Pull to gather the top of the hat and knot. Sew the seam, weave in the ends, and enjoy the warmth of your new hat.
- FACT: According to a study done by the Craft Yarn Council of America, a majority of crocheters take their project ideas from magazines.
You Will Need
- Crochet hook
- Yarn needle