- Step 1: Consider your options Determine how many photos will fit on a page and whether to crop an imperfect photo.
- Step 2: Think creatively Think creatively. Photos may be cut in squares, rectangles, ovals or circle shapes, and into stars or heart shapes.
- TIP: Copy irreplaceable photos before cutting them.
- Step 3: Cut hard shapes Cut a square or rectangle by placing your straightedge over the photo and marking your shape with your photo pencil. Cut inside the lines with the scissors.
- Step 4: Use a template Make or buy a template to trace any desirable shape onto your photo with the photo pencil, and use scissors to cut the shape inside the lines.
- TIP: Use a tissue to remove unwanted pencil lines.
- Step 5: Combine cutting techniques Combine cutting techniques to create special effects or to silhouette an object in your photo.
- Step 6: Crop digitally Crop digitally with camera features or photo editing software. Whether you prefer to use low- or high-tech methods, remember that the most treasured scrapbooks are always made with love.
- FACT: Scrapbooking is the fastest growing American hobby.
You Will Need
- Photo pencil
- Photo editing software
- Digital camera
- Tissue (optional)