- : Failure to install your baby gates correctly could lead to serious injury or death. Always double check your work.
- Step 1: Measure Measure the door frame or wall area where you want to install the baby gates.
- Step 2: Purchase gate Purchase the appropriately-sized baby gate.
- TIP: Look for a gate that's certified by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers' Association.
- Step 3: Install Install the gate directly onto the wall stud making sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- TIP: If no wall stud is available, install the gate installation kit on the wall using the hollow wall anchors included with the kit.
- Step 4: Test Test the gate repeatedly to make sure that it works properly.
- Step 5: Adjust Adjust as needed, and you will have taken a big step toward making your home safe place for your baby.
- FACT: The heaviest baby ever born weighed in at 23.12 pounds
You Will Need
- Baby gates
- Tape measure
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- Cordless drill (optional)