- : Failure to install your baby gates correctly could lead to serious injury or death. Always double check your work.
- Step 1: Measure Measure the door frame or wall area where you want to install the baby gates.
- Step 2: Purchase Purchase the appropriately-sized baby gates.
- TIP: Look for a gate that's certified by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers' Association
- Step 3: Mount Mount the gate between two strong surfaces.
- TIP: Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions. Call the manufacturer directly if you have any questions.
- Step 4: test Test the gate repeatedly to make sure that it works properly.
- Step 5: Adjust Adjust as needed, and be sure to check on the gate regularly to make sure that it's working as it should.
- FACT: Children between one and four years old have the highest rate of home injury death.
You Will Need