- Step 1: Go to yahoo.com Go to Yahoo.com and click on the words Sign Up towards the upper right-hand corner of the screen. A new page will appear.
- Step 2: Fill in the information Enter your first name, last name, gender, birth date, country, and postal code in the provided spaces.
- Step 3: Select ID and password Choose your ID and e-mail address, which will be the same, beginning with a letter and between four and 32 characters long.
- TIP: Be creative or use your full name, nickname, or business name.
- Step 4: Check for availability Click the Check button to see if your name is available. Yahoo will give you suggestions if your desired name is taken.
- Step 5: Choose a password Choose a unique and memorable password between six and 32 characters long. For added security, use upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Step 6: Fill in information Enter an alternative e-mail address if you have one. Select two secret questions in the drop-down menu and enter the answers in the spaces provided. The answers must be at least four characters long.
- Step 7: Type in the code Type the security code shown to you in the provided space and then click Create My Account. You will be redirected to a confirmation page. Now get to chatting with friends, family, and coworkers.
- FACT: There are more Yahoo! Mail users than there are homes that are served by the United States Post Office.
You Will Need
- Internet access