- Step 1: Connect iPod to computer Connect your iPod to your computer.
- Step 2: Open iTunes Open iTunes if it does not automatically start.
- Step 3: Manage songs and playlists Select your iPod's icon from the source list. Click on iPod Options and select Manually Manage Songs and Playlists.
- TIP: Skip this step if you have an iPod shuffle, which is already set up to manually manage music.
- Step 4: See contents Click on the triangle next to your iPod's icon to see the contents of the iPod.
- Step 5: Select songs to delete Select the songs you want to delete from the list and then hit the Delete key. Any songs deleted from your iPod's hard drive will still be in your iTunes library folder.
- Step 6: Delete songs Delete songs from your iPod if it is set up to automatically sync from your iTunes music library or specific playlists by simply removing songs from the library or playlist. Items removed from a playlist will still be in your library.
- FACT: Apple launched an iPod nano with a built-in FM radio and video camera at the end of 2009.
You Will Need