- Step 1: Preheat oven Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Step 2: Chop nuts Chop the pecans into bite-size pieces.
- Step 3: Toss in butter Put the melted butter in a mixing bowl and toss the chopped pecans in the butter so that they are coated.
- Step 4: Spread on cookie sheet Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet and lightly sprinkle them with salt.
- TIP: You can use any kind of salt to sprinkle on your nuts.
- Step 5: Put in oven Cook the pecans in the oven for five to 10 minutes, turning the nuts after five minutes.
- Step 6: Check progress Check the pecans as they cook and pull them out to cool when they are done. Add your toasted pecans to your favorite dish or eat them plain.
- FACT: The Texas state tree is the pecan tree, adopted in 1919.
You Will Need
- 1 lb. shelled pecans
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet