- : Though some women have reported positive results after trying these methods, they don't work for everyone. Discontinue treatment if your symptoms remain or worsen, and immediately consult a health-care professional.
- Step 1: Eat yogurt Eat yogurt containing live bacteria. The bacteria will combat your infection.
- Step 2: Use yogurt and tampon Dip a tampon in plain, unsweetened yogurt and insert the tampon into your vagina. Repeat 2 times a day until the symptoms disappear.
- Step 3: Use garlic Insert a clove of garlic into your vagina at night and remove it in the morning. Repeat a second night if the itch has not gone away.
- TIP: Peel the skin off the garlic first.
- Step 4: Douche Douche once a day for one week with 10 drops of a solution that combines 1 teaspoon tea tree oil and 1 teaspoon isopropyl rubbing alcohol mixed into 1 pint of water.
- Step 5: Seek a doctor Consult a doctor if vaginal discharge lasts longer than seven days, your symptoms recur, or you have a bloody discharge, abdominal pain, fever, or increased urination.
- FACT: Approximately 75 percent of women have had one genital yeast infection in their lifetime.
You Will Need
- Dropper bottle
- Tea tree oil
- Isopropyl rubbing alcohol