- Step 1: Go to manufacturer's site Go to the video card manufacturer's website to check for updates to the card's software or firmware. Make sure it works with your version of the Mac operating system. Unlike audio drivers, video card drivers are updated often.
- Step 2: Visit video card's site Visit the video card's website directly to look for the latest driver updates.
- Step 3: Install updates Install the updated drivers and restart your computer.
- TIP: Most problems with updates occur from not restarting the computer.
- Step 4: Reinstall Reinstall the original video card temporarily if the screen is dark when you start up the computer. Install the updated driver, and then put the third-party video card back in the computer.
- Step 5: Run Software Update Update drivers for a Mac's default video card by clicking on the Apple icon and selecting Software Update. This feature automatically updates all your Mac software.
- FACT: In early 1974, Apple co-founder and CEO Steve Jobs worked at Atari, Inc. as a video game designer.
You Will Need
- Video card manufacturer's website
- Video card's website