- Step 1: Go to the Sony Ericsson website Go to the Sony Ericsson website and read the User Installation Guide for the DCU-11 data cable.
- Step 2: Learn if your PC meets the minimum requirements Determine whether your PC meets the minimum requirements to work with a DCU-11 data cable. For example, the computer must have at least 32 MB of RAM and 20 MB of free disk space.
- TIP: The DCU-11 data cable software isn’t currently compatible with Windows Vista.
- Step 3: Learn if your Sony Ericsson phone is compatible Find out if your Sony Ericsson phone model is compatible with the DCU-11 data cable. Recommended models include K608i, Z800i, T290i, and Z1010.
- Step 4: Insert the DCU-11’s software into the CD drive Insert the DCU-11’s software into your computer's CD drive. Insert the cable into the computer’s USB port, and then follow the installation instructions. Or you can download zipped DCU-11 driver files from the Sony Ericsson site.
- Step 5: Restart your computer Restart your computer for the DCU-11 data cable to work, completing the installation.
- FACT: NASA now uses data cable to remotely pilot a shuttle down from orbit, preventing reentry burn-up similar to what caused the Challenger disaster.
You Will Need
- Computer with a USB data port and CD-ROM drive
- Internet access
- Compatible Windows operating system
- Compatible cell phone
- DCU-11 data cable with software CD