- Step 1: Have the latest iPhone operating system Be sure that you have the latest iPhone operating system by connecting your phone to a computer, opening iTunes, and checking for updates. MMS is available only on iTunes OS 3.1 or later.
- TIP: Buy a bulk messaging plan if you frequently send texts or other messages to your friends. If you only send one or two messages a month, a per-message rate will be cheaper.
- Step 2: Unlock your phone; Tap the Messages icon Unlock your phone by pressing the Home button and sliding your finger across the bottom of the screen. Tap the Messages icon on your Home screen.
- Step 3: Tap the upper right icon to start a new message Tap the icon in the upper right corner of the Messages screen to start a new message. The icon looks like a pencil inside of a square.
- Step 4: Enter the phone number you are messaging Enter the phone number of the person you are messaging in the "To" section. Or click the plus sign to find the person's number in your contact list.
- Step 5: Tap camera icon to attach photo or video Tap the camera icon next to the text field. Choose to either take a photo or video, or select a photo or video from your Photo Album. The photo or a still of the video will appear in the text field.
- TIP: Crop and edit photos or videos in your Photo Album before attaching them to a message.
- Step 6: Add text; tap Send Use the keyboard to add text to your message. Tap the Send button to send your message on its way.
- FACT: In 2007, Time Magazine named the iPhone the Invention of the Year. Apple sold more than 1.4 million iPhones in its first year of sales.
You Will Need
- iPhone 3G or 3GS
- Internet access
- Bulk messaging plan (optional)