- Step 1: Insert the drive Locate a free USB drive on your computer and insert the PNY Attache. A Removable Disk icon will appear under the list of drives in My Computer on a PC ad an icon will appear on your desktop on a Mac.
- Step 2: Share files Drag and drop files onto and off of the PNY Attache the same way you would with any other folder. The light on the end of the drive will flash when the drive is processing.
- TIP: Download and install antivirus software to the drive to protect it if you are going from computer to computer. There are specific antivirus applications available for flash drives.
- Step 3: Unplug Eject the drive when you are done transferring files. On a PC, right-click the Safely Eject Hardware icon in the system tray of the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Drag the icon to the trash to eject from a Mac . Wait until the files are done transferring and the light has stopped flashing before ejecting the drive.
- FACT: Apple is credited for pushing forward the use of USB devices when, in 1998, it introduced the iMac -- a computer that abandoned older ports in favor of USB ports.
You Will Need
- PNY Attache flash drive
- Internet access (optional)
- Antivirus software (optional)